Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daniel is 5 yr. old!!!!

Yesterday we celebrated my baby's 5th birthday. CRAZY!
He was so excited all day long. As soon as he woke up he said, "can I open my presents now!?" haha.
I tried decorating a cake for the first time. Heres some things I found out about making a cake:

1) Its almost as expensive as just buying a pre-made cake.
2) Its easier than I thought it would be.
3) You need to grease the pan ALOT. ( When my cake was done cooking and I turned it out of the pan....there were no lines! So I had to become a artist as well! )
4) It takes alot of time and you should try to be by yourself. I had little Ella tugging at my legs the whole time.

When it was all said and done, it took alot of time, but at the end of the day Daniel said "my spiderman cake was the coolest thing ever!" So it was worth all the work!









It definitly was not perfect, but as long as it resembled spiderman thats all that mattered.





We had just a family party and the kids ran around and played "basketball" and "spiderman' and "super-hero" The girls dressed the part too (as you will see), they did whatever Daniel wanted to do because it was his day!





Daniel lovin his cake!


"I'm FIVE years old!!!"

TIME TO OPEN PRESENTS!!


All 4 rugrats!

I put Daniel to bed last night and in true Daniel form, he started asking deep questions.

Daniel: "Mommy, why did God give me a birthday?"

Mom: "God blessed mommy and daddy with you and you grew in mom's belly for 9 whole monthes. When you came out of my belly, that was your birthday!"

Daniel: "Mom, could I see in your belly?"

Mom: " Your eyes were open, but Im sure it was really dark in there!"

Daniel: "Mom, did God make himself?"

Dont you love the questions? I think this age is full of these awesome questions. They are trying to learn so much. I loved putting Daniel to bed last night and answering all his questions and then thanking God for giving him to us. I feel so blessed to have these wonderful three children to teach and raise up. What a awesome responsibility that I so often feel inadequate for, but non the less, trying my best. Its the best thing in the world!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL. I LOVE YOU

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!!!

Your cake looks AMAZING!!! If you had bought it, it may have ended up here: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Your new design is totally cute!!

I am super excited about the conference too!!! YAY!!

September 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

Wow! Your cake looks great! I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it, as you do with everything you set out to do. Well done! LOVE your new picture - you look beautiful, you tiny little thing! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANIEL!! I love th questions at night, too. Caleb's latest ones are trying to figure out heaven and O just have to admit to him that I sure don't understand it all either! Fun times! :) Love you!!

September 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Amber Shomo said...

Wow, awesome job on that cake! I'm impressed! :) Love ya.

September 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home