Huh?....and third child syndrome.
Wow...I have not posted in a very long time. Summer has been filled with many fun things to do, and today marks the first day of school for Daniel and Abby. Now I have from 9-12 with just my little Ella.
So..funny story. I brought Daniel and Ella in for their 5 yr and 18 month well visits to the Dr. They were booked for the same time and day. I was extremely nervous about bringing my three kids to the Dr. and knowing that 2 of them would be given shots. Things were going fabulously and they were behaving GREAT. Daniel was seen first and I was worried about his eyes, because I am literally blind and have to wear contacts or glasses 24/7. I was thrilled when he got scored 20/25 vision. YEAH- Score!! Then they checked his hearing, and it was perfect! They checked all the little body things, and then asked him all kinds of questions. Everyone was behaving and Daniel was answering all the questions, just as I would! You never know with kids.....:) Then the Dr. quietly informed me, Daniel would have to get 1 shot, but then he was done till he was 11! And Ella was caught up on hers, so she wouldn't be getting any! I'm thinking to myself, this couldn't be going any better.
Ok...so now it was Ella's turn for the check up. They checked her body, eyes, mouth, etc... Then the Dr. starts asking me questions...Is she a good eater? Yes.. Does she sleep all night? Yes Any problems with her poopy and pee-pee? Nope. Is she sitting in the proper car seat? Yes and then came the question, that I wanted to run and hide... She knows her body parts, right? "Huh"- I mumbered under my breath. I said "gosh...I dont know. Ive been teaching her, her animal sounds." Yes folks. That was my wonderful motherly response. " I have been teaching her, her animal sounds" I then preceded to see if Ella knows her EYES, NOSE, MOUTH? And she does for the most part, but still, people I had no idea!!!!
I felt like a AWFUL mother. Daniel at 18 months, not only knew his body parts, but could count to 10 in English and Spanish and was speaking sentences.
The Dr. assured me its very normal and something called the 'Third Child Syndrome"
Now that the kids are in school, I am going to completely focus my attention on Ella.
Daniel then was told, he had to get one shot, and started crying like crazy! We had to gurney him down and he got his one shot, I said "ALL DONE" and he stopped crying and said "Mommy- you never told me shots dont hurt!" Go figure!
So it was a pretty good visit. Now the kids are in school, and me and Ella are going to learn body parts.
:)
So..funny story. I brought Daniel and Ella in for their 5 yr and 18 month well visits to the Dr. They were booked for the same time and day. I was extremely nervous about bringing my three kids to the Dr. and knowing that 2 of them would be given shots. Things were going fabulously and they were behaving GREAT. Daniel was seen first and I was worried about his eyes, because I am literally blind and have to wear contacts or glasses 24/7. I was thrilled when he got scored 20/25 vision. YEAH- Score!! Then they checked his hearing, and it was perfect! They checked all the little body things, and then asked him all kinds of questions. Everyone was behaving and Daniel was answering all the questions, just as I would! You never know with kids.....:) Then the Dr. quietly informed me, Daniel would have to get 1 shot, but then he was done till he was 11! And Ella was caught up on hers, so she wouldn't be getting any! I'm thinking to myself, this couldn't be going any better.
Ok...so now it was Ella's turn for the check up. They checked her body, eyes, mouth, etc... Then the Dr. starts asking me questions...Is she a good eater? Yes.. Does she sleep all night? Yes Any problems with her poopy and pee-pee? Nope. Is she sitting in the proper car seat? Yes and then came the question, that I wanted to run and hide... She knows her body parts, right? "Huh"- I mumbered under my breath. I said "gosh...I dont know. Ive been teaching her, her animal sounds." Yes folks. That was my wonderful motherly response. " I have been teaching her, her animal sounds" I then preceded to see if Ella knows her EYES, NOSE, MOUTH? And she does for the most part, but still, people I had no idea!!!!
I felt like a AWFUL mother. Daniel at 18 months, not only knew his body parts, but could count to 10 in English and Spanish and was speaking sentences.
The Dr. assured me its very normal and something called the 'Third Child Syndrome"
Now that the kids are in school, I am going to completely focus my attention on Ella.
Daniel then was told, he had to get one shot, and started crying like crazy! We had to gurney him down and he got his one shot, I said "ALL DONE" and he stopped crying and said "Mommy- you never told me shots dont hurt!" Go figure!
So it was a pretty good visit. Now the kids are in school, and me and Ella are going to learn body parts.
:)

3 Comments:
You are so cute! I loved you response! I kind of always have a panic moment that the doctor will ask a question and I will have no idea or will appear to have failed miserably as a parent (my own panicky thoughts getting the better of me). I, too, feel like Hannah has thirs child syndrome. She pretty much sits around all day without too much attention. I have to work hard to find time to help her with her sitting up, tummy time, etc. It was so hard at first even finding time to feed her three meals a day! Poor neglected child! :) BUT, you have clearly done an amazing job with all your children. They are smart, healthy and well loved and cared for. It's good to have more time for Ella now, though. Enjoy it! I miss you and those beautiful kids!
Aaaaw :) I was actually just thinking about Daniel and when he would count to 10 in spanish. Too cute. Don't worry, you are the third child and I think you came out ok ;-) Little Ella will be brilliant! Too funny with D and the "you didn't tell me" comment.
That is hilarious!! There is something to having a third child. Like Daniel, Dahson was speaking in full sentences and everything, little Emmie just smiles and we figure out what she wants sooner or later!! =) Okay, not that bad, but still...I TOTALLY understand!!!
I hope you enjoyed your few hrs alone with Ella!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home