Monday, November 3, 2008

daylight savings is not for young kids....

We got a email recently saying that one of the greatest days of the year is coming up and to remember to set your clocks back.
Well...this could be a good day, except that kids are pretty strick on a scehdule and sleeping a extra hour isnt exciting to them.
I usually have to wake my kids up to get ready for school at 8. That explains how lucky I am. For whatever reason, the last two days, I have been getting woken up at 7 AM. YIKES. I am not a morning person and I LOVE my sleep!
I REALLLLLY hope I can get them back on their lovely schedules SOON!

Parents out there- did you have the same problem or do you have tips that I need to know?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amber Shomo said...

I have seen a lot of mom's complaining about this on facebook!! :)

November 3, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya!! Mine were up at 5:30. The joys!!

November 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

Ours were up an hour early, too. (Fortunately, since we've locked Johnny in his room at night - cruel, I know - they've all been sleeping an hour longer, so it didn't make much difference to us.) But, we pretty much just act like nothing happened. They still have lunch when the clock says 12, nap at 1, and bedtime at 7:30. They should adjust soon enough (in fact, we've seen a difference already!). We've gone through tons of jet lag with the boys, and this always seemed to work best. Just go on as normal as much as you can. :)

November 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Megan Johnston said...

My child (aka my son) has been bright eyed at 4am. We do not let him get up but it has always been this way in the fall. And he usually takes about a week to readjust. I HATE Day light savings time!!!! And he is still on his schedule. bed at 8 nap at btwn 12:30 and 1. He has always been a kid though that no matter what time he goes to bed he wakes at the same time every morning and then eventually after about 3-5 days he changes his sleep.

November 4, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Matt Chewning said...

your freakin bangin.
I married a hottie!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home