Monday, September 22, 2008

Your not alone!

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said to me, ' My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
This has been my verse rehearsed in my head over the last couple of days. Unfortunately, we have had another miscarriage. I had a rough couple days, but God has definitely shown himself present, and his grace has covered me and been my strength.
Cool story...
On Sunday, after church, my pastors wife, and a good friend told me that I was trying to be too strong, and that God is not intimidated by our emotions of sadness, anger, confusion, etc...
She said all too often, in these situations, people will say "but you have so much to be thankful for...." my friend laughed and said...well DUH! Of course we are thankful but this really sucks! It kind of helped me put my guard down and allow the emotions to flow. I never showed any emotion after the first miscarriage, so I made up for it this time! I spent Sunday night in my room taking care of myself and crying if I needed too. I felt so blessed to have friends just show up at my house, and pray for me, beside my bed.
Then Monday morning came, and I felt wonderful. I went about my morning, just feeling great! I got a call after I dropped the kids off at school, from my pastors wife. She had talked to a mutual friend of ours who had a crazy experience the night before. (This mutual friend of ours, didn't even know we were pregnant by the way) Our friend, Icely, had woken up in the middle of the night on Sunday. She said God laid me so heavily on her heart it was scary. She woke up her husband in the middle of the night so that they could pray for me. As they prayed she couldn't stop crying and her husband was shaking! She woke up the next morning, and called my pastors wife, Michelle, and told her about the night before. She asked if she knew of anything going on with me. She had no idea I was pregnant, much less, going through another miscarriage.
WOW. This was cool on so many levels. It thrilled Icely to know that the Holy Spirit had used her in that way, and it brought me so much Joy, to actually see Gods love for me. He knew I was heartbroken and saddened and had people awakened from sleep to be praying for me!
So no matter what you go through, small or big, God is with you always! His grace is sufficient for all of us. And his power is made perfect in our weaknesses.

3 Comments:

Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

Beth, I'm so glad you were able to really face your emotions this time. It's easy - probably especially for you having grown up in the pastor's house, with so many expectations - to pretend like everything is okay, when really it might not be. And the cool thing is, it is completely fine if everything's not okay, because like you said, His grace is sufficient for us. I'm so glad that you are doing better, but also glad for the way God allowed you to really "feel" during this time. And...I can't wait to see you!!

September 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO SORRY!! I can only imagine what a miscarriage would be like. I do know what it is like to have the pressure of ministry and others to keep your head up with a smile on your face and pretend that everything is okay. For some reason we feel as moms, as pastor's wives, as women that we are supposed to be able to handle everything...with God's help. But we never really let Him help or let our guard down long enough to really admit that we aren't okay and we just need to get it out and deal with whatever we are going through. I am so glad that God has blessed you with women in your life that aren't holding those expectations of being perfect over you. To have someone there to say it's okay that you aren't okay is such a blessing!! I am glad that you are doing better...but I am sure that it just takes time. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in any way. Srsly.

September 24, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Matt Chewning said...

blog more.
:) MUAH

October 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home