ITS A BOY!!!!!
So with each of our kids we always find out the sex in a "unique, special way". Im sure you have all heard these, but I will reacap... :)
With Daniel...we had the ultrasound tech. write down the sex on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope. We brought that to baby gap and picked out a boy/girl outfit. We gave cash and the outfits to the cashier and gave her the envelope and explained what we were doing. She rang up the outfit and wrapped it up in a box. We went home, had a special dinner together, and opened the box in private and it was a awesome moment!
With Abby...the ultrasound was early in the morning, and Matt had to go to work right after. SO...we did the same sort of thing...we had them write the sex on a piece of paper and instead Matt opened it this time. He planned out our night while he was at work. When he got home from work, he gave me this big box. There was alot of tissue paper and a note on top that wrote something similar to this " God has blessed us now with two healthy beautiful babies, and it doesnt matter what the gender is!" (keep in mind I wanted a girl BAD!) so I open the tissue paper and there of boy clothes in there. Of course I think its a boy! After a lift up a few outfits- there is a tiny note that said "Daniel's little sister thought he would look so cute in these outfits" and under that was some little girl clothes!!!! It was awesome....
With Ella...we decided to let nature take its course. We didnt find out until she came out! But we did throw in something special. We had the Dr. write the sex down and I gave it to a good friend who is a awesome interior designor/faux painter- and she totally decorated the nursery. She always kept the door locked and curtains up over the windows so we couldnt see in. So although Ella was a surprise- her room was all ready for her and her girliness!
With Jacob...Matt decided he wanted me to surprise him this time. Well...our Dr. didnt schedule our ultrasound til almost 21 weeks and the sex is determined and "Seeable" they say by 13 weeks and I couldnt wait!! I booked a ultrasound for around 16 1/2 weeks without letting Matt know. On Saturday I told him, my mom was taking me to buy me some maternity clothes and I would be gone most of the day. I secretly went to a place called "Tiny Toes" and got a ultrasound. Jacob was clearly visable and so now I had to plan how to tell him. We had plans to stay the night out (my parents were watching the kids) So when we got in the car to leave...I handed him his first card/clue. In order to open the next clue he had to get a challenge question right....well there was 11 clues, so this took us throughout the whole night. By midnight- he finally figured out I secretly had a ultrasound and I gave him a gift to open up whether it was a boy/girl. He was SO excited, and it was such a fun night!!!
So now we have 2 of each and we are DONE. My brother told me today I was a "incubator for the perfect mix!" haha....
we feel sooo blessed.
With Daniel...we had the ultrasound tech. write down the sex on a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope. We brought that to baby gap and picked out a boy/girl outfit. We gave cash and the outfits to the cashier and gave her the envelope and explained what we were doing. She rang up the outfit and wrapped it up in a box. We went home, had a special dinner together, and opened the box in private and it was a awesome moment!
With Abby...the ultrasound was early in the morning, and Matt had to go to work right after. SO...we did the same sort of thing...we had them write the sex on a piece of paper and instead Matt opened it this time. He planned out our night while he was at work. When he got home from work, he gave me this big box. There was alot of tissue paper and a note on top that wrote something similar to this " God has blessed us now with two healthy beautiful babies, and it doesnt matter what the gender is!" (keep in mind I wanted a girl BAD!) so I open the tissue paper and there of boy clothes in there. Of course I think its a boy! After a lift up a few outfits- there is a tiny note that said "Daniel's little sister thought he would look so cute in these outfits" and under that was some little girl clothes!!!! It was awesome....
With Ella...we decided to let nature take its course. We didnt find out until she came out! But we did throw in something special. We had the Dr. write the sex down and I gave it to a good friend who is a awesome interior designor/faux painter- and she totally decorated the nursery. She always kept the door locked and curtains up over the windows so we couldnt see in. So although Ella was a surprise- her room was all ready for her and her girliness!
With Jacob...Matt decided he wanted me to surprise him this time. Well...our Dr. didnt schedule our ultrasound til almost 21 weeks and the sex is determined and "Seeable" they say by 13 weeks and I couldnt wait!! I booked a ultrasound for around 16 1/2 weeks without letting Matt know. On Saturday I told him, my mom was taking me to buy me some maternity clothes and I would be gone most of the day. I secretly went to a place called "Tiny Toes" and got a ultrasound. Jacob was clearly visable and so now I had to plan how to tell him. We had plans to stay the night out (my parents were watching the kids) So when we got in the car to leave...I handed him his first card/clue. In order to open the next clue he had to get a challenge question right....well there was 11 clues, so this took us throughout the whole night. By midnight- he finally figured out I secretly had a ultrasound and I gave him a gift to open up whether it was a boy/girl. He was SO excited, and it was such a fun night!!!
So now we have 2 of each and we are DONE. My brother told me today I was a "incubator for the perfect mix!" haha....
we feel sooo blessed.

3 Comments:
yeah baby. We're all tied up. 3 boys and 3 girls.
FYI, your template makes it hard to read your post. You may want to change it.
I wrote about it to on my blog.
AWESOME!!! i wish we were that creative when we found out what we were having. I am SUPER excited for you guys!! YAY!!!!
You guys are insanely creative. With this baby the tech wrote the sex on a card and we opened it up on Thanksgiving Day with Jon's family surrounding us and my family (in Indiana) on the cell phone. It was lots of fun! I'd like to do something different each time. With Caleb we were boooooooring and the tech just tell us. :-) Now I know it can be a lot more fun! I LOOOOOOVED the secret interior. I think I may do that next time since now we have our boy and girl.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home